Thomas Pakenham – Elizabeth Cuffe
Title created by Letters Patent 20 Jun 1785.
My 7th great-grandparents (and the parents of Edward Micheal Pakenham) were Thomas Pakenham, 1st Baron Longford and Elizabeth Cuffe.
Thomas Pakenham was born May 1713 and was the first son and heir of Edward Pakenham MP, of Pakenham Hall Co Westmeath. His mother was Margaret Bradestan, daughter of John Bradestan.
Elizabeth Cuffe was born 17th July, 1719 to Michael Cuffe MP, of Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo and his wife Frances Sandford, (daughter of Henry Sandford, of Castlereagh, Co. Roscommon).
Marriage: married on 5 Mar 1740.
1. Edward Michael [Pakenham], 2nd Baron Longford mar. Catherine Rowley.
2. Capt. Hon Robert Pakenham, Member of Parliament for Co. Longford 1768-75 (dvm. 7 Jul 1775)
3. Hon William Pakenham (b. 1756; dvm. 1769)
4. Admiral of the Red Hon Sir Thomas Pakenham GCB RN, Member of Parliament for Longford 1783-90 and 1797-1800 and for Kells 1790-97, Master-General of the Ordnance for Ireland (b. 1757; d. 2 Feb 1836), mar. 24 Jun 1785 Louisa Anne Staples (d. 1833).
1. Lady Elizabeth Pakenham (d. 1818).
2. Lady Frances Pakenham (b. 1744; dvm. 1776), mar. John Ormsby Vandeleur, of Maddenstoun, Co. Kildare.
3. Lady Helena Pakenham (b. 1745; dvm. 1777), mar. William Sherlock, of Sherlockstoun, Co. Kildare.
4. Lady Mary Pakenham (b. 1749; dvm. 1775), mar. 1768 Thomas Fortescue, Member of Parliament for Dromlaken.
Thomas Pakenham died 30th April, 1766. Elizabeth Cuffe died 27th January, 1794.
Copyright Â© 2007-2014 by Hamilton Family History. All rights reserved.